Sunday, November 1, 2015

Week 18 Santo Domingo Philippines

Starting week 9 in the Philippines. 

Hard week as far as the work goes. We've had to rearrange a lot this week. A lot of investigators have lost interest, a few have said they don't want to be taught, and we ourselves have dropped a lot, simply because they just aren't really showing interest and a desire to change, nor keeping their commitments.  Which is good because now we can find the ones who are interested.  Also a lot of the new investigators that we found last week turned out to not be so interested. So we still have many people to find haha. FIND FIND FIND FIND. 

Elder Legaspi is awesome. Like I said, barely speaks English, but we are getting along really well, and we laugh a lot. It's definitely been helping my Tagalog a lot, as well as my ability to joke around in Tagalog. He is always smiling and laughing and we are having fun, despite the difficulty of the work.  

 I've done a lot of reading this week.  I finished the BOM, and read this D&C story book with lots of cool stories of the early history of the church, mostly about Joseph Smith and Brigham Young. I started reading about the life and teachings of President Ezra Taft Benson, which is awesome. I really like Ezra Taft Benson, he was a BOM trooper as well, which I love.  I read some cool stories about his mission to England, as well as his assignments while being in the quorum of the 12 during after the devastation of WW2 in Europe, and all sorts of cool stuff. I think
 
 I am gonna read the New Testament next.

Ummm. ano pa? I've decided to pursue and especially pray for the Gift of Charity, in which Mormon explains in Moroni 7.  It's not like I don't love the people, but I've decided I need to lose myself completely. It's just the easiest as well as the most intelligent thing to do. Sige more next week. 
 
Love you all. Thank you for your prayers and your emails!

-Elder Andersen

No comments:

Post a Comment