Friday, September 4, 2015

Week 8 Traveling to Manila Philippines

Kumusta ang mga kaibigan ko!!.....

Dumating ako so Manila safely!! Dito kami na! 
So yeah I'm here in the Manila MTC! I'm safe!. I would send some pictures but I cant figure out how! Its way humid here, pero gusto ko siya! The plain ride from San Fran to Hong Kong was pretty long. I slept for most of the 13 hour flight so that was good. The plane stunk like Indian food the whole time haha pero ayos lang!  It felt super weird leaving the U.S. It was a little scary, and especially since everyone on the plain was Asian and Indian (including the flight attendants), didn't speak English very well, and weren't Christian!  Everyone was watching all these super good movies on their TVs and also there was lots of good music that I could have listened to. They had the whole Alt J This is all Yours album and I WANTED TO LISTEN TO IT SOOO BAADDD! But I just studied Tagalog, read the BoM and slept for 13 hours sooo AYOS. Also we were flying with the sun so we had lots of daylight, I just slept whenever I was tired and I'm doing great! Landing in Hong Kong was weird,  but we quickly went to the boarding of the plane to Manila and I immediately felt so happy and excited when I saw all the Filipinos! I said Kumusta po kayo everyone that I could, and a couple were like Mabuti! Kumusta ka elder!? So sweet, but most of them smiled and looked at us weird because we are white people that are all dressed up going to the Philippines trying to speak there language. So awesome. 
The Plane ride from Hong Kong to Manila is about 2 hours. It was about 8 at night when we got on the plane and about 6 am in Utah for most of y'all. We sat down and down at the end of our row of 4 was a Filipino guy, he talked to Elder Child's from the other district. he asked us who we were and what we were doing, then he told us that he was from some Christian religion, and he told us that we call ourselves Jesus Christs church but that we don't even believe that Jesus Christ is the Savior, or something like that hahaha. I wish I was sitting closer to him, cause I could really talked to him so I kinda just listened. But Elder Child's told him that wasn't true and then the guy changed the subject and talked about something else, and then fell asleep for the rest of the plain ride hahaha. Then a little later, one of the Flight attendants who is Filipino, came down and asked us who we were, and then she asked us what the difference between us and Jehovah's Witness was. I told that we have the BOM and then she said, Oh yah! I've seen that play in NY! It was hilarious! And then I said, well this is not quite the same, and then I told her about how its another testament of Jesus Christ and stuff, and she just smiled and said " oh I know, I know." and yah hahah she didn't want to her about it. Then she asked us just like where we were going and for how long and exchanged some Tagalog phrases and stuff and then resumed her flight attendant duties. She was way nice! That darn BOM play is annoying! Oh well. We landed in Manila  I was sooooooo excited! We landed and the MTC president was waiting for us with these Filipino members that greeted us and helped cause get all situated. They were sooo funny and cool. they all made fun of us and told us how to say cool Tagalog slang words and they were so fun! I love the Philippines! I said Kumusta to everyone in the airport and some said Hi Elder! and yah, so fun already.

So then this morning we were granted extra time to recover from Jet lag and then we ate breakfast. It was just rice, fried eggs, and these hot dogs.....and it was SOOOOBRANG MASARAP (so very delicious) I love the food already. It reminded me of the Filipino restaurant my family used to eat at in San Ramon.  The milk on the other hand...... so gross. I think it was like baby formula or something. The Manila MTC is much smaller, but its sweet. Its soo pretty here! I cant wait to send you guys pics! Were only here for 3 and a half days, then we are getting shipped to our respective missions. I'm soooooo stoked! We get to go proselyting in Manila for like 4 hours today and you can sure bet that im gonna open my mouth and MAG-USAP NA MAY LAHAT NG TAO!!! I'm soooo stoked. Well I'm sure you are all just as excited as I am for me to be here in the field. Its gonna be an adventure.

Alam ko na totoo ang simbahan nito. At na buhay si jesucristo! Sa pangalan ni Jesucristo amen!
Paalam na!
-Elder Andersen

No comments:

Post a Comment