Monday, November 21, 2016

Week 73....Sarrat Philippines




Happy Holidays everyone! 

Hope it's gud. Sorry that I haven't emailed in 2 weeks! Things have been kinda crazy!  Last week I got transferred and made a zone leader of the Laoag East Zone,  and yah things have been kinda nutz.  I transferred to Sarrat, an area that's about 15 minutes away from my last area, Vintar. Actually Vintar is part of my zone haha.  My new companion is a tiny Filipino named Elder Basa (Elder Read haha)! He is awesome and I look up (or down) to him so much haha. He was my DL before transfers so I have already known him and respected him for a while.

I have already learned so much from my first week of being a zone leader and I am learning tons also from Elder Basa, who is awesome, and I couldn't be more lucky to have him as my companion!  He has already helped me learn so much and he has been an answer to my prayers!

My first week has been fantastic and the area has so much potential! It is another developing branch, but it is part of the Laoag stake. They have a little meeting house just like Lasam and Vintar so I am used to that haha.  But this has been the most organized branch that I have been assigned in so far on my mission, and we have a great branch president, President Sabala, who is magnifying his calling wonderfully!  He is so cool and he saved us from starvation last night after all of the church meetings we had to go to. And because we ran out of food at the apartment haha.

Through out this whole week I have been dedicating my prayers for the most part to asking God to give me the gift of Christ like love/charity. I have sought this gift periodically throughout my mission, but until now I have always felt like I have been lacking. I usually feel genuine love for those that I teach but, like I said I have still always felt like I have lacked.  But this whole week I really made it a focus  to pray for the gift of charity every night, and I have actually started to feel a difference.  I have been following Mormon's advice in Moroni chapter 7 verse 48 to "pray with all energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all those who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ," and i have been feeling a gradual yet noticeable change in my heart.  I particularly felt the Spirit so strong  during church yesterday, while we were watching a clip from a counsel meeting that Elder Holland attended. Elder Holland was talking about the call to teach and how to teach like the Savior, and while I listened and pondered in my heart, I felt a warm feeling that made me want to go outside and shout and declare glad tidings to everyone within the sound of my voice, and to serve like the Savior. I didn't do it but I really wanted to haha.  I was super excited to go out and work later in the evening but unfortunately that didn't happen because we had meetings haha.  I hope these feeling will continue to increase and that God will endow me with the gift of true Christ like love.

We also had some instigators surprise yesterday by coming to church. Her name was Mina Anchola and she also brought her daughter in-law with her triplets. We had only met them on Saturday the day before, and we gave them a pamphlet and taught an overview of the Restoration and invited them to come to church. And they came! WOW.  Kinda weird cause it didn't seem like she was that interested.  But yeah I'm not complaining haha.

Also this week we received the sad news that President and Sister Andrada's oldest son died in a motor cycle accident in Manila this last Thursday. He is an RM from the Las Vegas Nevada mission.  They have been in Manila for the past few days, and we have been praying for them. So sad. :( You guys should pray for them.

Well  I think that is all for this week. I have a camera now so I can finally start taking pictures and showing them to you guys! So be excited about that! I love you all and God loves you more!
 
-Elder Andersen
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment