Monday, November 28, 2016

Week 74...Sarrat Philippines



HAPPY THANKSGIVING! 

HAHA I totally didn't even notice Thanksgiving happened until just now when I saw pictures from home!  Thanksgiving isn't a thing here in the Philippines so sorry I forgot.  I guess ate a Big n' Tasty cheeseburger at McDonald's on thanksgiving day though!  I wasn't even good haha. I'm pretty down too because apparently my fam roasted a turkey that they wrapped in bacon for Thanksgiving. :(

This was a very interesting week. It went surprisingly fast, despite all of the problems that me and Elder Basa had to deal with in the zone pretty much all week long. My first week as ZL, which was last week, was pretty chill and we just worked our area. But I guess everyone in the zone decided to go crazy this week and so it was kinda nuts. Tuesday we had emergency exchanges in Laoag. The elders were having companion problems and were pretty much at ends with each other so we had to step in and help them out. After that   we received a bunch of reports from members about the missionaries in another area doing stuff they shouldn't be so we had to get the APs and President involved, and that got ugly fast lemme tell ya.  Then some of those missionaries got mad at me and Elder Basa for telling on them and it was just ridiculous.  Then to top the week off, yesterday the Sisters here in Sarrat put the icing on the cake and texted us saying that they are both getting emergency transferred this week for reasons we don't know, which means that me and Elder Basa's area just got huge and now we have to work both their area and ours until January when President can put 2 more missionaries back in Sarrat. HAHAHAHAH Other peoples problems = the zone leaders problems. 

I am still trying to find the right balance as far as how I should go about being a Zone leader, because if any of you know me, I am kinda just chill and friendly with about everyone and I mind my own business and let other people do their own thing. So this is kinda hard for me because I am held accountable for my zone by President, the APs and of course the Lord, and now I need to lead and guide my zone which might require me to correct and supervise at times. I am not one to chastise or micro manage or get in your face or anything so I am trying to follow the example of some of the great leaders that have helped guide me through out my life in this Church. Like my bishops and priesthood leaders and seminary teachers and so many really that have made a huge impact in my life and helped me when I needed guidance. Particularly I try to follow the example of my Bishop back home, Bishop Wilkins, who has helped me and been a perfect example to me of a Christ-like and humble leader. I have noticed a huge difference in the content my prayers since I have been called to lead, and I realize how important it is to have the Spirit with me always, as well as the need for the gift of charity and the Pure Love of Christ.  I had 2 opportunities this week to give priesthood blessings this week and I was so grateful that the Spirit was there to guide my words and touch my heart. 

Despite all the craziness that comes with being a leader, I love this opportunity that the Lord has given me to serve and lead.  Its hard and stressful and kinda a pain in the neck sometimes, but I have gained a lot of respect and understanding for what it is like for leaders in the church.  This next week will be interesting because now we have to figure out how to incorporate the Sisters area and progressing investigators into out schedule so we will see what happens.

I started reading Jesus The Christ about 3 weeks ago for the 2nd time and it's blowing my mind AGAIN.  Jesus is so amazing and James E Talmage makes Him sound like a super hero BECAUSE HE IS!  I love the book so much.

That's it for this week!

I love you all and Happy Holidays
 
-Elder Andersen
 


 
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment