Monday, August 8, 2016

Week 58...Lasam Philippines

Hey guys, so I am a missionary in the Philippines and the technical difficulties are SO REAL.  Sorry about no pictures this week.  The computers here are filled with viruses and my sd cards are helpless against them.  Please forgive.

We had another baptism this week. Kashmir Ramos. She is also another 9 year old from a part member family, but she is the real deal.  Elder Sivo interviewed her for her baptism and was telling me how dope she is.  He asked her before the interview if she is smart,and she was like 'nah,' and then he asked her what her ranking is in her school for grades (that is a thing here) and she was like " I'm top 5'" and then Elder Sivo was like ohhhh snap.  Elder Sivo said that was one of the best interviews he has done on the mishh haha.  She totally understands everything we taught her and she is the best. There was this one time where she didn't come to church because it rained and I definitely wasn't gonna have any of that, so I went to her house later that day and you know I whipped out John 14:15 'If ye love me keep my commandments" even if it is rainy or muddy.  She came to church the next Sunday even though there was a TYPHOON!! That's what I am talking about.  I would love to send pics but yahhhhhh....

I am having a rough week. I wont say why but...just pray for me... cause there is more than one reason, I would really appreciate it. The mission is far from easy, in fact, if anyone says it is easy, don't believe it.  But don't be scared to go on a mission because it is so worth it.  Every mission is different as well, and they all have their own unique challenges.  There are a million things that I probably would never do nor have a chance to do if I wasn't a missionary. And about 75 percent of those things are hard and uncomfortable haha.  But that is one of the reasons why I need to be out here, so I can learn and get out of my comfort zone and grow and fall down and make mistakes and get back up and do it over and over again.  Its just hard. AND I WANT A HUG MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE WORLD BUT THOSE ARE BAWAL (not allowed) in this mission and for very good reasons.  So maybe I will pray that I can have some hugs in my dreams tonight so I can feel better haha.

Sorry if this email is pretty lame. But I love and miss you all a great deal. I pray for you and you pray for me...deal?
-Elder Andersen

No comments:

Post a Comment