Monday, January 18, 2016

Week 29 Cabugao...Philippines

Man. This has been the slowest week of my whole life.  I have way to much to talk about and I probably won't be able to remember every thing. It feels like an eternity ago that I emailed last Monday.

Mon:  After emailing, me and Elder Legaspi went home so I could pack my stuff.  It took me like 2 hours to pack and then we decided to stay in Cabugao because its closer to Laoag, Because I needed to wake up at 5 am the next morning to travel.  So I said goodbye to Good ole Santo Domingo and left for Cabugao.


Tues.  We Woke up at 5 and went to the Laoag bus station in order to bus to Cagayan.  Before I got on the bus to Cagayan, President Andrada came and told me I was opening the area in Lasam and stuff. So that's kinda scary.  Then I said goodbye to Elder Legaspi and got on the bus. I got to sit next to my MTC companion Elder Langeveld the whole bus ride, cause he was transferring to Cagayan as well.  WE talked a lot, especially since the bus ride was like 6 hours. 
Finally after arriving to Allacapan Cagayan, I got dropped off and was met by Zone Leader Hoopes and Valenton. Also My companion Elder Camero was waiting there, and also the other 2 Lasam Elders, Elder Whitrod and Abonitalla.  Elder Camero is a big Filipino from Leyte. He is not super good at English but it's all good.  Elder Whitrod is a super tall and goofy Australian, and he is almost going home in 2 transfers. He is really funny. Elder Abonitalla is our district leader he is chill.  We are all staying in the same apartment.  We took another hour and a half jeepnee ride up to Lasam, which is up in the Mountains, then we got to Lasam and it's so pretty up here. It's different then Santo Domingo. It's up in the mountains and it's really thick jungle and stuff.  We went to the apartment and that's when everything really started to suck. It's really big, and has 2 floors, but it's really old and dirty and lots of mosquitoes.  The floor is really muddy inside because it floods twice a week from irrigation.  The fridge is broken and irreparable so we cant buy food in bulk.  We have 4 elders but only 2 mattresses, and we have 1 cabinet for clothes, and we are all sleeping in this one tiny room that is clean and doesn't get flooded.  SO we are all living out of our suitcases and tripping all over each other and 2 elders are sleeping on the floor, and their is millions of other problems, and yah its just bad.  So Later we all went and met the branch president in his cubo hut. Cool dude.  Sleep was really not fun. Plus there are even more mosquitoes than there were in my last area.

Wed: Worked in the morning with my new companion. He knows 4 languages including Ilokano, and he is super diligent and good at teaching. I think we are gonna do well here as far as the work goes.  The people are way different here as well, they are nicer and willing to listen.

Thursday:  We worked and also we got permission to look for a new apartment, so we did that.  

Friday:Woke up to a flood, and that really ticked us all of so we went and Looked for apartment and worked.

Saturday; Woke up and the flood was higher than before. Uhhhggg. We went to Balisterros for district conference. WE met a lot of members and they are way cool here.  Lots of priesthood and fellowshippers here, and the members are way nicer to the missionaries.  District con was good, we met the rest of the missionaries in our zone, and President Andrada spoke, and also Elder Raul Villanueva from the Philippines area presidency was there.  We worked and slept in Allacapan that night because we had to go to the rest of District con on Sunday.  I talked a lot with Elder Hoopes, our zone leader.  He has 6 months left. He is crazy and told me some crazy stories, pretty cool guy though

Sunday:  We went to Ballisterros again to finish District Conference.  Good stuff.  Then we returned to our crap apartment out that was lame.  We worked though and the fellowshippers and the members are awesome here.

Yah Its been a long and frustrating week. I'm pretty tired and homesick and annoyed.  All because of the apartment. We found an apartment though, but we have to wait at least 2 weeks before it is done. So I guess we have to endure.  Also I will have to learn to wash my clothes by hand Filipino style so I'm excited (not really) for that.  But The work has been great so far, on the bright side.  We have already 7 baptismal dates and 4 investigators went all the way to Ballisterros to go to church. I think me and Elder Csmero will do pretty well here. I'm exited. The only thing is the terrible apartment.  Were miserable, you guys have no idea haha. We have a hammock though haha. 

Long week, Hard week, Miserable week. 

Thank you all for your support and your prayers. I probably won't be able to send pictures again this week. the Computer I'm using is barely working. So sorry bout it.

-Elder Andersen

No comments:

Post a Comment