Monday, October 12, 2015

Week 15 Santo Domingo Philippines

Week 5 here in da Philippines....

Eventful week talaga.  Last Pday after email we went to the Baluarte zoo. They have like 5 tigers and a lion and all sorts of snakes and this huge trophy room with tons of animal skins of like elephants hippos and lions and tons of African animals and just lots of stuff. Pretty barbaric. haha. They were all killed by this same Filipino dude. We went with the Vigan district elders. They all held snakes and took a pictures in the tiger cage cause they are freaking dumb. They tried to get me to take a picture with the tiger but I'd rather not add to the missionary handbook of don't do's. Hahaha. It was pretty much the chillest zoo ever. Like we just walked in for free and you could literally stick your hand through the animal cages and pet them if you wanted, including the Tiger. I got a selfie with Richard Parker!!!!



Yesterday and Saturday we got to watch General Conference in Vigan. So awesome. I really enjoyed it. They talked a lot about the current persecution and how we need to be faithful, and they talked about moms and then dads and old people's wisdom and yah hahah. I really liked Uchtdorf's talk on simplifying the gospel. So true, we make things way to complicated. Just love people and serve people. The gospel is so simple that a child can grasp it.  and I liked Eyring's talk in priesthood session about church callings, and Ballard's talk about staying in the old ship Zion, and Christopherson's about the role of the Church, and all of them were good and yahhhh.  
 
 

Today, just before email, we had Zone activity at the beach in Sinait. So freaking ganda. I put my feet in the water and it was talaga like 70 degrees.  Me and Elder Pena and this Elder from Tahiti, Elder Ellis passed a soccer ball around so that was fun. I wanted to swim so bad...
 

 

As far as the work goes, still pushin along, were still finding people, but were having trouble finding good solid investigators that are willing to come to church. We also haven't had one investigator attend church since I have been here. Santo Domingo hasn't seen a baptism since May, so I'd really like to make a difference here before I get transferred to a new area who knows when. I'd really like to teach whole families, so we are trying to find families to share with, because that makes their progression and commitment keeping so much easier. Also this is Elder Tejada's last full week, he is going home on the 22nd.  So i will be getting a new comp soon. I'll have to lead the are now because the new guy who ever he is has never been to Santo Domingo obviously.  Elder Tejada decided to let me lead the proselyting for the past week and a half, so I know the area and where all the investigators live relatively, so shouldn't be a big deal.  Good stuff. Still chuggin.
 
 
Love you all
-Elder Andersen

No comments:

Post a Comment